Thursday, July 21

Not... enough
Beh. I feel like the biggest loser right now. I'd been keeping my fingers crossed that I'd receive the scholarship to the Journalism and Women Symposium for which I applied a few months ago. Got word today that... obviously... I didn't. While it's true that I don't know exactly what "qualifications" they were looking for, I'm having a hard time thinking of something, besides markedly NOT being a minority, that would make me anything but an ideal candidate. I guess I got too cocky.

Tomorrow, I'm going to call The Stranger about the position for which I applied. This rejection from JAWS is really not making me feel very shiny about the whole thing. I just need to get my foot in the door... that's all. Please, please, just give me an interview. Give me something, anything, and I'll be the best you've ever had.

*sighs*

Well, I walked all over town today (literally all over, from 11th and Jefferson to the 5th street market, up Skinner's Butte and back by REI) in the sweltering heat. The upshot of it is-- and this is seriously awesome-- that got TOFU FOR A DOLLAR!!111 I discovered the Suratra tofu and tempeh outlet (I HAD noticed that my tofu was made in Eugene) and happened upon them 15 minutes from closing on one of the two days a week they're open. They were out of "seconds" (misshapen bits, and ends) so they just gave me a regular package. For practically free. And I love tofu. So today wasn't a total loss. Just mostly.

>_< Stupid scholarship.